Providence Health & Services Certified Nursing Assistant in Polson, Montana
Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Residential Care, Day Shift, 1.0) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Applies patient identification and allergy bands.
• Completes accurate intake and output.
• Completes and documents personal inventory on newly admitted patient and places their belonging in the locked cupboard.
• Contributes to the assessment of the patient by collecting information for analysis by an RN.
• Gives complete and accurate report to licensed staff upon completion of tasks and duties.
• Obtains and records height and weight.
• Orients patient and family to call lights and unit routines. Answers patient calls promptly.
• Performs accurate placement of telemetry patches and addresses telemetry signal issues promptly
• Performs restorative rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
• Prepares patient for meals, serves snacks and assists with feeding.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
Current Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) licensure
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior work experience in a hospital
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 243917